The user documentation page for OmegaT refers to installation and user documentation, and can be found here:
Adapting to our language pairs
The idea is to offer a set of ready-made folders, in two different formats:
- as a one-time downloading of a zipped file archive
- as svn checkout (via Tortoise on Windows) for access to updates
For the time being, the folders are at https://gtsvn.uit.no/biggies/trunk/mt/omegat/.
The idea is to put the following resources into the following subdirectories:
- into dictionary: our dictionaries (OmegaT documentation)
- into glossary: term lists, partly fad-marked pairs, partly from satni.org, cf documentation
- into tm: our parallel texts, all files fused into one .tmx file (or one per theme), cf documentation
- into omegat: a file segmentation.conf, for doing sentence level segmentation, cf. documentation
The source and target folders are given svn ignore status, as we develop the folders we should determine what other files to ignore and what to share.
The language pairs
The language pairs are of three types:
- smesmn, smesmj, smesmn: The main thing here is MT, glossaries and
- nobsme, nobsmj, nobsma, finsme, finsmn, finsms: Here we have no MT
- smasme, smjsme, smnsme, smenob: these we ignore in OmegaT for now.
- Add glossaries
- Develop segmentation.conf
- Test and evaluate
Adding more resources:
- Analysers for lemmatisation of dictionary lookup
- Proofing tools