Samest meeting 21.11.2016
Participants: Fran, Heiki, Heli, Jaak, Jack, Kadri, Kaili, Trond
- Estonian FST
- Estonian Oahpa
- Võru Oahpa and FST
- Next meeting
The exp-est.fst is now slightly more beautiful.
Differences in coverage between langs/est and experimental-langs/est? Jaak is working on setting up a testing environment.
Heli has made the first attempt to generate the Oahpa database with Heiki's FST (experiment-langs).
- The overall impression is good.
- About 30 compound nouns and 50 simple nouns (those with Sg Nom homonyms) were not generated.
- A few errors have been discovered.
- Some specific discussions about preferred vs non-preferred forms with Heiki will follow.
The work on Morfa-C question-answer templates is in progress (a student from Tartu is working on it).
Both est-fin and fin-est now on http://gtweb.uit.no/jorgal/index.cat.html?dir=est-fin
Summing up MT group meeting
We went through and fixed errors for finest
We also corrected spellrelax (both for est.fst and experimental-est.fst)
Issues with the Finnish fst:
minoriteettii: before the meeting it was analysed as min#ori#tee#tii
How to work with compound blocking:
+CmpNP/None = does not participate in compounding
example in the lexicon:
gaskka+CmpNP/Last+Sem/Dummytag:gas'kam8 SEAMU ;
Võru Oahpa and FST
Too much generation.
- MT general paper (fmt, tt)
- MT special aspects? (fmt, tt)
- Specific fin-est syntactic differences
- MT system(s) --- sme-fin (fmt, tt)
- Oahpa presentation (Heli)
- Võru FST presentation
- Estonian FST this-or-that way (Heiki)
- FST and compounding for Germanic-like Uralic languages... (Heiki, tt?)
- Est-Nob dictionary
- Contrastive Linguistics (fmt, tt, Heiki ?)
- NODALIDA papers due 20th Jan., demo papers 20th March
- EAMT ???
- ACL 2017 6th Feb
fmt has flight at 17: 05