2012-10-03- Risten2 Meeting
Participants: Børre, Sjur, Tomi
- the next steps
Børre has made several changes to the article presentation, it is now much better.
Essentially, things look good.
Things to improve:
- part-of-speech info is missing, so that 'stemme-N' looks the same as 'stemme-V'.
- dictionary name could probably be right-aligned, to let the headword of the articles be more prominent
- language info looks very much the same as the translation itself - needs to be more clearly separated from the surrounding text
The next steps
- user interface
We need to review (and possibly define) the indexes we need. This will have an enourmous impact on the speed.
Update: speed doesn't seem to be a real issue - when the caches are filled, eXist seems to respond immediately.
Risten2 still seems to require an extra keypress to trigger the final search or article lookup. This gives an impression of a very slow or non-responding server, when it is actually just waiting for more input.
This MUST fixed by next Wedn.
Dictionary buttons presently look like:
- vertically stacked (when searching) - no dictionary name
- grouped in a pattern (after a click on a button) - no dictionary name
- no button, only dictionary name
Filtering must be turned on.
- get the buttons to display properly, with dictionary names (Tomi)
- turn on filtering when buttons are pressed/clicked on (Tomi)
Monday 8.10, at 09.30 Norwegian time.